When you REALLY need penetration in hunting, this is the ammo. Zero expansion, but massive shock and penetrationdelivered by the DDupleks Monolit28 STEEL sho…
Video Rating: 5 / 5

24 Responses to DDupleks Monolit28 12 Gauge Slugs

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

smartacus88-they are at that; my take is that in Europe, they like steel in their ammo as lead is more expensive and scarce. I’ll just keep casting lead slugs and sending them downrange. Have a great day…

• smartacus88 says:

Quite exotic.

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

blabla62871 – Thanks for your question. We are in California, and even with all the restrictions, this ammo can be purchased. The only reason this stuff works is the slug rides on polymer washer in front and sabot for rear section. It’s a lead substitute penetrator because of hardness of slug. Too expensive to shoot for recreation or practice. Best Regards…

• blabla62871 says:

where is shooting of this???

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

GunFun ZS- If cops like these DDupleks for penetration, has to be good medicine for big game (already expanded to 68 caliber and that wide flat hard nose-lights out). If your shotgun shoots them accurately for your needs, you are in business. Good shootin’ to ya…

• GunFun ZS says:

Ditto re: making rather than buying, but I think the Hexolit 32 may well be the thing to have for quickly turning the errant grizzly into a docile one. I can make some pretty potent slugs, but no molds I know of offer a similar capability in terminal ballistics. My dad still fishes in Alaska, and I bought a few for him. I haven’t done independent testing, but some old vids (now gone) of dangerous game shot with them were convincing to say the least. Bear might be the place for overkill.

• gun nut says:

okay thanks for the answer

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

GunFun ZS – Good folks at SGAMMO- I’ve purchased surplus stuff from them and been very happy with it. Haven’t checked out their shotgun ammo, but I shoot mostly reloads anyway. Nowadays, $1 a slug load does not appeal to me. Good shootin’ to ya…

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

GunFun ZS-Thanks for the advice. My way of looking at it is there are 3 grades of trolls. I respond to grade 1 and some grade 2s, but the grade 3s, we just have to ignore. All posters get trolls, comes with the territory-can’t make everybody happy, and everybody has opinion. But all the great people like yourself make it worthwhile. On the rounds – big in Europe – here some reviewers report inaccuracy compared to our slugs. Best Regards…

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

gun nut – reply 2- If you see one of my vids – I do my own test on slug safety by pushing the slug/wad thru with a wood dowel. If slug can be pushed through without pounding, it will be OK to use whether hard or soft slug. If not pushed through, but has to be tapped or pounded through, then the slug better be soft. The shooter has to be responsible to check this – best policy is use soft lead slugs – Lee has this on their boxes and instructions. Best Regards…

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

gun nut-sorry this answer is late-didn’t get it on my dashboard and somebody flagged it as spam – These steel slugs are fitted to 12 barrels by a polymer washer in front and sabot in back so slug rides on polymer in bore. No problem fired in full chokes although cylinder is recommended. If hard foster slugs are fired in full chokes by mistake, the shot wads we use will not do the same job and pressures could be high, but if you ONLY shoot cylinder bore barrel, hard slug is OK reply 1

• GunFun ZS says:

SGAMMO had them a before craziness for less than 60 cents a shot. That’s less than typical prices for rem sluggers. For a while they were $3.99/5 and less if you bought bulk quantities. The hexolit segmented hunting line are always pricier.

• GunFun ZS says:

I understand you work to turn the other cheek, but Carson’ could use a bit of a slap. He didn’t even listen. He insults you for not reading, while he fails to listen to the whole video first. He is a tiny little internet man not worth your notice. I appreciate how concientious you always are and that you respond to nearly every comment, but one of the rules of the internet is “don’t feed the trolls”. PS. I’d love to get some accuracy info on these.

• gun nut says:

okay this is bringing up what i was saying about using ww for slugs if they make steel slugs why couldnt i just use hard lead for slugs?

• wawheeler21 says:

The recovered slugs are obviously from a DDupleks round and the Winchester slugs don’t even come close to matching and are just there for comparison. Looks like you are the dumb D-bag, huh? If you opened your eyes and ears you might have been able to understand that. Pay attention before posting rude, ignorant comments.

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

Jan Kosik – Thanks for the comment. And I really did not intend to indicate otherwise…best regards…

• Jan Kosik says:

China is not in Europe, it’s in Asia

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

Carson Garrett – sorry for the confusion – the video does state that the Winchester rounds are there for comparison only. But we posters do know that most viewers only stay on a video for 2-4 minutes (sometimes less). That’s OK because I surf the Tube a lot and do the same thing. We’ll cut this reply short because that is good…

• Carson Garrett says:

They say Winchester right on them Dbag? Those aren’t Ddupleks rounds. Read a book.

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

David- I was at the range roughly two weeks after these slugs were found and found several more empty DDupleks slug goxes in the trash (I used the empty boxes to bring range scrap lead home). These things are expensive for civilian shooters to burn like this. Fellow shooters and I are thinking that a local police dept is training with these (taxpayers buying the ammo). Police and shoot through is no-no, but for barricaded suspects and stopping cars may be reason for use of this ammo-

• David Marino says:

Good for hunting engine blocks?

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

joehunt1980-some ranges forbid use of steel core ammo. These would also be prohibited to use. The rangemaster must have examined the back plating. I’m sure if damage were happening, signs would be going up. These penetrators are wicked against anything organic, but will not penetrate armor. The pistol and shotgun side of the range disallows rifle rounds. Thanks for the question – I’m going to bring it up to the range staff.

• joehunt1980 says:

Do they do much damage to the armor plate? :-)

• FortuneCookie45LC says:

LMO MechTech – The rangemaster had a plastic bag with over 20 of these.
    There was a firearms instructor in earshot and he came over to tell us that these were steel penetrator slugs – very inappropriate ammo for home defense as the rascals will keep going into the house next door and if anyone there gets hit – the shooter will never hear the end of it. At over $2 a round, I wonder how useful they might be. Our lead slugs work fine. Thanks for the humor comment.